Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Thank You Presidents For a Day Off School


So this one time BYU had a three day weekend, and it is pretty much the closest thing we have to a spring break. Depressing right. Now true we get out of school earlier than everyone else, which can be seen as an advantage in the summer job hunt, but really have a week off in the spring would do wonders for mental health! But I am lucky enough to have great friends at work, and one of which just happens to live in LA- enter road trip.

Road Trip: There were 5 girls. 1 car. 1 iPod. and many many snacks. (I swear I at my body weight in sugar this weekend). If you have ever seen Brian Regan you know the "back seat middle feet on the hump" joke- and it is one of my favorites. So I spent my weekend. Back seat. middle. feet on the hump. But no worries I have a new found skill of falling asleep anywhere and everywhere so I was out for the majority of the 9 hour drive down there. California was wonderful, except for the fact it rained- note: This was my 2nd time going to California, both times it has rained. Psh whoever named it the sunshine state lied. But the trip was great. filled with going to Griffith Park, Hollywood, the Beach, and the LA temple. It was a perfect weekend! Below I will attempt to show the highlights via pictures...ive never done pictures in a blog before so wish me luck.

This was at Griffith Park- which is this way neat observatory that looks over the city and has a astronomy museum. Im kind of a nerd and loved it. It also provided for many a picture opportunity.

We found this amazing tree- perfect for climbing. I learned that I am awful at climbing trees, and have an innate fear of falling out of trees. Whatever happened to the days were I wasn't scared of anything. Im not a fan of this new fear thing. No bueno.

That night we went to El Tarasco and I have never been so full in my life. We all went back and laid on our right side to help us digest faster. It was wonderful, and awful, and wonderful.

The Beach: Saturday we went to the beach- i love the beach. The water was freezing, but that didn't stop us from getting in the water and playing in the sand. Highlight was going for a run with Kelsey down the beach- and by run I mean run and then just walk and talk. It was perfect.

The temple: Sunday night we went to the LA temple visitor's center. I was amazed at how the integrated modern technology into everything. The temple was beautiful as well- especially during the sunset.



El Segundo High: We finished out the trip at El Segundo High- the high school in Even Stevens and other tv shows, which just happened to be Megan's high school. And of course had to have an epic photo shoot.

Moral of the story it was a wonderful weekend and break from reality. Now back to the old grind.

No comments:

Post a Comment