Wednesday, June 6, 2012

yvan velasquez.

there are times in life where everything just seems to go wrong. but there are other times that things just seems to work perfectly. You are in the right place at the right time. that was what happened today at work. I wasn't supposed to be there. I wasn't supposed to be at the window. But things worked out perfectly so I was able to meet yvan velasquez.

He was one of the most amazing people I have ever met. He needed help applying for financial aid and wanted to know what was available to him. At one point he said, "I hate debts" but with his strong accent I didn't understand. I heard "I hate dates." I clarified and we laughed. The girl next me made a comment of "me too" and he then gave us one of the most wonderful pep talks of my life.

He talked about life, and just not worrying. He talked about trusting in the lord's timing, and just taking life one step at a time. To not worry about the future but to live life. He was a sergeant in the Army and told us how fragile life is, and to just love life. He talked to me about prayer, how it is not a formal conversation. But a conversation with your FATHER in heaven, how should talk to him just like we are talking to each other. Expressing our concerns, and what we know. Telling him all that is important to us. Yvan was wonderful and we talked for over half an hour. I am grateful that work was slow so I was able to spend the time and have him uplift me. He came in needing help, but helped me more. He left telling us over and over again- have hope, and letting us know that the spirit shines in our eyes.

He made my day. and changed my life. and all because people had training and I needed to change where I was and stay on the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment