Sunday, March 25, 2012

i believe in Christ

Sundays are just perfect. I dont know how else to describe them.


Today was full of enrichment, and the spirit.


In Relief Society we talked about Time Management. I am pro at wasting time, and it is something I want to be better at. The things we spend our time on shows what are priorities are. Am I hypocritical in what I say is important in my life and what I donate my time to. I let silly things that aren't important to me suck my time away. It is amazing what an outside perspective, or an invitation to examine our own lives can do.


we talked about the atonement and what that can do for us, and related it to time management. It reminded me of something I had learned in a class a few years ago. He talked about how our Heavenly Father just asks for OUR best, and our best might change day to day. There are days I wake up and I feel like I can conquer the world. On those days more is expected of me than the days that I wake up feeling sick, and drained. On those days he expects to do my best, but does not hold me to the same standard as the other days. He makes up the difference.


Later today I was able to go to the Young Ambassador's Fireside on BYU campus entitled "I Believe in Christ." It was wonderful. They sang beautiful songs and interspersed they bore their testimonies of him. The audience joined in on the last song by singing the last verse of "I know that my Redeemer lives" The spirit was over powering. It was beautiful. It also doesn't hurt that it is one of my favorite hymns.


I Know That My Redeemer Lives
I know that my Redeemer lives,
What comfort this sweet sentence gives?
He lives, he lives who once was dead,
He lives, my ever living head!

He lives to bless me with his love,
He lives to plead for me above,
He lives my hungry soul to feed,
He lives to bless in time of need.

He lives to grant me rich supply,
He lives to guide me with his eye,
He lives to comfort me when faint,
He lives to hear my soul's complaint:

He lives to silence all my fears,
He lives to stop and wipe my tears,
He lives to calm my troubled heart,
He lives all blessings to impart:

He lives my kind, wise, heav'nly friend,
He lives and loves me to the end,
He lives, and while he lives I'll sing,
He lives, my Prophet, Priest, and King:

 He lives and grants me daily breath,
He lives, and I shall conquer death,
He lives my mansion to prepare,
He lives to bring me safely there:

He lives, all glory to his name!
He lives, my Jesus, still the same:
O the sweet joy this sentence gives,
"I know that my Redeemer lives."

I have found in my life that one of the fastest ways I feel the spirit is through music. I am grateful we had the opportunity to go to the fireside. The night was topped off with watching Charly (one of my favorite movies ever- as Ethan could tell by my quoting it to him). While I ended the night in tears, because of the heart wrenching ending- I am so grateful for the knowledge I have of the plan of salvation.

today was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment