Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I love to see the temple.


I love to see the temple.
I’m going there someday
To feel the Holy Spirit,
To listen and to pray.
For the temple is a house of God,
A place of love and beauty.
I’ll prepare myself while I am young;
This is my sacred duty.

I love to see the temple.
I’ll go inside someday.
I’ll cov’nant with my Father;
I’ll promise to obey.
For the temple is a holy place
Where we are sealed together.
As a child of God, I’ve learned this truth:
A fam’ly is forever.

Today. Today was a perfect day. I'm not sure what made it so perfect. It might have been the wonderful devotional by Amy Jensen, or maybe it was the fact that class was cancelled so I could go spend time with family, it might have been checking off 15 miles of biking and 20 laps of swimming off the lazyman iron man, or it might have been seeing friends at the Relief Society Birthday Party. It could have been anyone of those things- or all combined- but what made today so absolutely wonderfully perfect was the temple.


There is something about the temple that puts me at peace and just brings joy to my life. It is everything combined. It is the sound of the oxygen pump making it possible for the man at the front desk to tell me "thank you for coming." It is the smiles of the workers, and hearing my name called. It is getting a side hug from an 80 year old man who tells you you are beautiful. most of all it is knowing I am in the house of my Heavenly Father, that I am living my life right (or at least trying), and that I am doing work for those who have gone before me.

I am not sure how to connect this with Integrity or Character- I guess it is all encompassing. Regular temple attendance is something we have been instructed to do by church leaders and we will be blessed for going. It should be a priority in our life. It isn't always easy to go- and Satan will try his hardest to prevent you from going- but it shows that you live by what you believe by going. The workers are there every week, giving up hours of their life to make it possible for me to go. I am always in awe by their love and selflessness. Oh brother- I adore them so soo much!

I love the temple. And I am looking forward to the day that I can go through the rest of the temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment